Monday, April 9, 2012

Review: Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

This is the Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner Pedal.

Just to be clear, I'm old school. A big proponent of analog equipment, I never thought I would be converted to using a digital tuner. I've been using a Boss TU-6 Stage Tuner (analog) for the last eight years - something about the little needle makes it seem like it has to be more accurate than any digital tuner could ever be. How wrong was I!

A few years ago, I had a Matrix 3000 digital tuner pedal, and it gave me nothing but grief, until I sold it for $60, which was actually a $20 profit for me. Ever since, I've been told repeatedly that the TU-2 is the pedal that would change my mind. Now that I have one, I thoroughly regret switching every string manually like a chump on my TU-6 for so many years.

This is a fantastic pedal! I can't stress that enough. To quote Ferris Bueller, "if you have the means, I highly suggest picking one up". The Boss TU-2 definitely joins the Ibanez Tube Screamer on my must-have list.

Price Range:
$50-75

Highs:
-Sturdy Boss construction
-bright, easy to read LEDs
-Bypass output
-DC power output (can power another pedal)

Lows:
-None

Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment